Need a powerful editor for SAS code?
Replace your old SAS editor today!
Martin Works, Inc. has developed a toolkit to aid in the writing, debugging
and the maintenance of SAS source code. The toolkit is called EZRTools;) and
it's an add-on package to Multi-Edit, a great programmer’s editor for over 50 languages.
Check out EZRTools if you want a powerful, professional SAS editor today.
- Hide lines of code from view.
Click on image below to stop animation
As you type, EZRTools will indent and undent your SAS code. It even adds "end" comments to the
termination of control structures.
- Automatic Indention and Un-indention of source as you type.
- Color coding of SAS source and logs.
- Templates (over 300) for SAS PROCs and DATA steps, functions and code elements.
- Smart Templates allow you to select checkboxes to include options and
statements for the complex PROCs.
- Run SAS programs from within the editor and view the source, log and
output while still editing (if you have SAS installed on your PC).
- Log file is "cleaned" to move Error messages to immediately after the
line that generated the error even if there are multiple occurrences of
- Collapses repeated messages into one line and removes
extraneous blank lines from the log.
- Subset your view of the log to show only: Warnings, Notes,
Errors, Debug statements, code, observations or other items of interest.
- Hop to source line from the corresponding line in the log.
- Highlight a section of code and
make a macro from it (copied to another file with macro and mend statements
wrapping the code and the file name same as macro name).
- Automatic "end"
statement commenting to match them to the corresponding control structure.
- Type text then click to wrap
in 1 to 3 asterisks to make automatically aligned block comments.
- Select a
block of code and comment it out without interference from encapsulated
comments. Select it again and un-comment it with one click.
- Easy to use
template for prolog comment block including Company name and copyright,
author name, date, and more.
- Easy insertion and removal of debug
- Generate base layout for most SAS function calls through a
cascading menu system.
- Highlight a string and click a button to search
forward, backward or globally for the string.
- Comprehensive documentation of
EZRTools in html format including a section on how to get the most out of
Multi Edit while using EZRTools.
- HTML tool to automatically generate an index
from Name anchors in a specified html document filled directory tree.
How good of a SAS editor can you buy?